Tuesday, August 24, 2010

China Glaze Ghoulish Glow Topcoat review

Everyone loves a good novelty nail polish, whether it be a matte finisher or a colour-changing polish like Del Sol. So when I discovered OPI's "Glow-ink the Dark", I spammed the Ebay searcher. At the same time, China Glaze "Ghoulish Glow Topcoat" came up during the search too but I've merely dismissed it because I couldn't find any reviews on it at that time. This is a Halloween release, like "Glow-ink the Dark". Here's a review, or rather a post to show off such an awesome polish.

Recently, I've been on a spending spree due to exam stress. So I bought this baby. Its in a milky base with tiny yellow particles, most likely the glowing particles. It needs to be shaken vigorously before application, producing pesky bubbles but the gobsmacking result overrides such issue. However, because this topcoat is pale yellow in colour, it does alter the colour of the applied nail polish.

I've applied the China Glaze "Ghoulish Glow Topcoat" over OPI's "What's the Cattitude?" so the light blue is turned slightly green with the topcoat since I've applied 4 layers to achieve the effect.
3 coats of OPI What's with the Cattitude?
Eww wrinkly cuticles. I hate the cold weather. It makes my skin super dry and flakey. It's going to be Spring in a few days. My nails are so short now. A huge chunk broke off my middle finger and I didn't even notice until at lunch today. So I was forced to cut and file. At least my nails are able to glow. Check out the result.
4 coats of China Glaze Ghoulish Glow Topcoat
The photo doesn't do the topcoat justice. The actual effect is a lot more vibrant and whiter in real life. It wasn't easy to obtain this awesome shot. It took half an hour in the dark bathroom adjusting my camera in vain, 'charging' my nails under a lamp, and madly dashing to the bathroom after charging. I found that the effect is intensified by shining a bright light at it first. In a way, its solar powered but not. If I'm making sense.

Overall, I think this is something definitely worth checking out. The slight colour alteration of the base nail polish is something that is easily overlooked because everyone loves a good glow. I love Halloween polishes. Review of OPI's "Glow-ink the Dark" coming soon!

3 comments:

angel said...

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WEAR THAT COLOUR FOR HALLOWEEN !!!

if we're ever gonna do halloween that is.

Anne said...

HSC is ruining my life. I can't even celebrate Halloween :(

jessica said...

LOL I bought this for Hannah and Erica today! So cool! =)