Thursday, August 19, 2010

Franken: Squeaky

Making my own nail polish is a really addictive process. It induces a sense of accomplishment because I'm recycling and turning a pre-loved colour into a dazzling new value. I am really happy with how this one turned out.

It's a purple-ish pink with tiny shimmers. The jelly finish absolutely mesmerizing. I'm usually not a fan of sheers but this one just blew me away. Not only because it's my own baby but it looks so jelly-like and squishy that it gives off the feeling that if I rub my nails then they'll squeak. Too bad they won't really squeak...

So I named it Squeaky.
3 coats of Squeaky with Revlon Quick Dry Topcoat
Squeaky was created using half a bottle of Revlon's Grape Shimmer with about 15 drops from each OPI's Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Chapel of Love and Funny Bunny. The bottle is only 8mL and I got the colour 2 years ago and extremely sheer. Plus the original Grape Shimmer was too subtle for my liking. So now it is this wonderful colour that I'd definitely use over and over again.

Now everybody's happy. By "everybody" I mean me.

3 comments:

angel said...

I WANT THIS COLOUR SO MUCH :D

jo&bee said...

I <3333333333 THIS COLOUR!!!
xxbee

Leslie said...

I enjoyed rreading this